Tuesday 12 June 2007

2007 06: Torment at hands of junkie sons

The Star online. News. Nation. Monday June 11, 2007

AFTER calling his mother a dog and his father a pig, a 16-year-old student kicked his father’s head while he (father) was performing prayers, just because there was no food on the table, Harian Metro reported.

In another case, an 18-year-old threatened to strap a bomb on his mother if she did not give him money.

These were among the cases highlighted in a special report where inmates of Rumah Sahabat Insan dan Iman Malaysia (Sidim) revealed to reporters of the daily, nasty things they had done to their parents.

One of the inmates, known only as Azman from Kedah, said after getting involved with wrong company, he starting sniffing glue and became violent each time his demands were not fulfilled.
“I used to get involved in gang fights outside the house, but there was a day when after sniffing a bit too much glue, I was in my own world and became more violent.

“Since I was hungry and there was no food on the table, I become angry and confronted my parents who were praying at that time.

“I called my mother a dog and my father a pig, and seeing no reaction from them, I kicked my father’s head,” he said, adding that they could no longer tolerate his behaviour and called an ustaz, who referred him to Sidim for rehabilitation.

In the second case, the inmate known as Tahir from Kuala Lumpur said his mother was his “bank”, as whenever he needed money for his gangster friends and drugs, he would ask her.

No comments: